If you have a passion for space applications, and you are a hardware or software wizard (or you are very willing to learn), drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We often have positions available for PhD and Master's studies in computer engineering, and we are most likely looking for interns. We always welcome spontaneous applications, whether you want to get a PhD degree or just work on a project.
What can we offer?
- A friendly environment
- Supportive mentoring and advice
- Exciting research
- A fantastic location (Montreal)
- A fully bilingual lab
- Lots of fun!
What do we expect?
- Attend some courses
- Perform research and publish results
- Present your work at conferences
- Help manage the lab
- Assist with teaching
- Ethical conduct at all times
If you have read this far and you think your and our expectations meet, send us an email at email@example.com with the following:
- A full curriculum vitae
- Your transcripts
- A short paper written in English answering the following questions (200 to 500 words each):
- Why do you want to do research?
- What are your research interests?
- What was your best learning experience?
- What is your favorite project or technology?
- (If you are applying for a specific position) How do you think you can contribute to the project?
- The names and contact information for two references
- (Optional) Links to any of your projects/activities
There is no "right" answer to these questions, use this paper as an opportunity to better present yourself, your interests, and your skills. Since this paper can very well represent your unique situation, please try to avoid vague or canned responses, and show your true value outside of your CV.
We will try to get back to you as soon as possible (you know how academics sometimes are rather busy), whether you are a match or not with our lab, and provide feedback that could be useful for your future applications. If a match appears to be present, we will contact you to schedule an interview and discuss further steps.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!